I love hot pockets, and in this post, I will share how easy and quick it can be to reheat and cook frozen hot pockets in an air fryer.
You can quickly get frozen hot pockets from the supermarket and store them for days when you are tired and do not want to cook in the kitchen after a long day.
Making hot pockets in the air fryer is even easier as all you have to do is place the hot pockets in the air fryer and start cooking.
I love how easy cooking hot pockets get in the air fryer as it needs little to no oil. Traditionally hot pockets are deep-fried, but when cooked in the air fryer, it becomes crispy, and it tastes like it was deep-fried.
I usually add no oil while cooking this recipe, but you can if you want to. I have another alternative that makes these hot pockets taste much better.
So, you will love this quick and easy way to cook frozen hot pockets in the air fryer.
– Pack of frozen hot pockets.
– 1 Egg
Air Fryer- I use a Philips Air Fryer in this post, and all my temperatures would be consistent with every Philips Air Fryer. If you have another air fryer, these temperatures would still work but be slightly flexible with the cooking times.
How to make Frozen Hot Pockets In an Air Fryer
1. Take a bowl and beat an egg to prepare your egg wash.
2. Now, place the hot pockets in the air fryer and line them as shown in the picture. Do not overcrowd the basket and overlap one hot pocket over another. Make sure you place all the hot pockets in a single layer.
3. Apply the egg wash now(or spray oil if you use oil instead of egg wash) and then cook these pockets at 350°F for 3 minutes.
4. Now, once you have cooked them for three 3 minutes on one side, take the air fryer basket out, flip the pockets and apply the egg wash(spray oil again on the other side if not doing the egg wash) on the other side and cook this side for about 2 minutes.
5. Once cooked on both sides, it is done. Enjoy your hot pockets with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you are using oil, you do not need to use egg wash. I would rather use egg wash instead of oil because it is healthy and makes the hot pockets juicy and dry.
Spraying oil is another way to get your hot pockets all juicy. It is a matter of personal preference and convenience but using either will do.
How to store leftover hot pockets
If you want to store cooked leftover hot pockets, then they can stay in the refrigerator for around 4-5 days.
You can reheat them in the air fryer at 350°F for 3 minutes. They would come out nice, hot and crispy.
You can also freeze hot pockets, which will last you longer. Unopened frozen hot pockets packet will last you for around 14 months after the manufacturing date. But make sure you check the best-by date as well.
Cooked frozen hot pockets can easily last for a month, but I usually consume it before that timeline and only heat the number of hot pockets I think I can finish in one sitting.
Tips to get the perfectly cooked Hot Pockets
1. This point is worth repeating, do not overcrowd the air fryer basket. This causes uneven heating in the air fryer, and the hot pockets will not cook well.
2. Use either egg wash or oil, you should use either one of them, or else your hot pockets will be so dry.
This is a pro tip, in my opinion, and you can cook hot pockets with no egg wash and oil, but they would come out looking very dry and toasted. I say this from experience.
3. Do not thaw frozen hot pockets before putting them in the air fryer.
I directly put the hot pocket in the air fryer; the fact that it is frozen adds some moisture while cooking and doesn’t make the hot pocket dry.
4. Remember to flip the hot pocket to cook both sides evenly.
If you do not flip it, the side facing upwards will be burnt, and the surface in contact with the air fryer basket will be light in color.
It would be cooked through, but the cooking would be uneven, affecting the taste of the hot pocket.
WHAT’S THE BEST CRUST FOR A HOMEMADE HOT POCKET RECIPE?
I recently made cinnamon rolls in my air fryer, and the dough I used for the cinnamon rolls was the same I used for making a hot pocket.
I use a mix of 400-gram flour,1/2 tbsp of dry yeast, and 1 tbsp sugar and knead the dough till it forms and ball and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
You can add salt to the dough mix, but I use salted butter later, so I skip the part of adding salt to the dough. If you use unsalted butter, add 1/4 tbsp salt to the dough.
This universal dough is suitable for making different hot pocket recipes. I make the filling of my choice and sometimes add chicken and cheese to the filling or vegetables.
The freedom to choose your filling when you make hot pockets from scratch is why I love making homemade hot pockets.
I do have a recipe for homemade hot pockets, so make sure to check it out as well.
How to cook Frozen Spring Rolls in Air Fryer
How to Cook Frozen Dumplings in the Air Fryer
How to Reheat burgers inside an air fryer (JUST 5 MINUTES!)
Air Fryer Toast- Best Way To Make the Perfect toast!
If you like the post, do not forget to share it on social media!
Air Fryer Frozen Hot Pockets
- 1 Philips AirFryer
- 1 Egg
- 4 Spray Olive Oil (Optional)
- 1 Pack Hot Pockets
- Place the hot pockets on the air fryer basket, and do not overcrowd the basket. Place then in a line and in a single layer.
- Apply either a little bit of egg wash or oil. There is no need to add both.
- Set the airfryer at 350°F and cook the pocckets for 3 minutes on one side.
- Now, flip the hot pockets using a pair of tongs and apply the egg wash(or oil) again on the other side, and let this cook for another 3 minutes.
- Enjoy your Hot Pockets with your favorite dipping sauce!