Power Aifryer XL is one of the best-reviewed air fryers on Amazon and if you are planning to purchase this Airfryer then do read this detailed review. Air fryers use very little oil in comparison to the traditional deep-frying methods. While cooking in the Air Fryer you are going to use a lot less oil as the hot air circulation does most of the cooking.
The Power AirFryer uses rapid air technology which cooks food evenly and for most of the dishes you might not require to pull out the food halfway through and turn it around for even cooking.
This might take a little bit time as you need to get used to how the air fryer works and then slowly things start getting much easier and you would be able to cook different dishes inside this Airfryer.
- 3.4 Quart.: 12.8″ H x 11.4″ W x 13.2″ D.
- 5.3 Quart.: 14.5″ H x 12.5″ W x 14.9″ D
Cool-Touch Handle: Yes
Indicator Lights: Yes
Temperature Control: Maximum range- 400 degrees
Dishwasher-safe Parts: Fry Basket
Watts:1500 or 1700 Watts
Pros of the AirFryer
1. The Power Airfryer is one of the best ways to eat fried foods in a healthy manner. With little to no oil consumption, you can make really good dishes with this Air Fryer.
The Power Airfryers comes in two sizes and the one with the 3.4 Quart capacity can serve up to 2-3 people whereas the larger ones can serve around 4-5 people.
2. The Airfryer features 6 cooking methods which include Fry, Bake, Steam, Saute, Grill, and Roast.
The Airfryer is capable of doing all the 6 tasks with ease and later in the review, we would look at how the Airfryer performed when it came to cooking foods with different methods.
3. The Airfryer can reach the maximum temperature of 400 degrees within seconds which makes it pretty easy to use without any preheating like in the case of a convection oven.
The Airfryer does use convection fans which are more suitable for giving fried effect to the food items.
4. The Airfryer comes with different settings to cook different products in different ways. The Touch panel makes it really easy to choose if you want to Fry, Bake, Steam, Saute, Grill, or Roast the food item.
Once you are done choosing the settings all you need to do is insert the item on the Fryer and set the temperature and timer.
5. The Air Fryer cooks the food really well, although in a few of the dishes you might want to turn the food once it is cooked halfway through as the top portion gets cooked more being closer to the fan.
The Airfryer does deliver really good cooking results.
6. The Airfryer makes relatively less noise(it is really quiet) in comparison with the Black and Decker Air Fryer.
However, the Black and Decker Air Fryer is smaller and even affordable so I guess both the Airfryers stay true to their price point.
7. You do get a booklet with different recipes for dishes that can be cooked with the Airfryer. This comes really handy to know what temperature the food needs to be set at in order to get the perfect taste and quality.
Cons of the AirFryer
1. If you want to cook for a group of 6 people or a family gathering then you might have to cook in batches.
2. While cooking, you might have to check the food, again and again, to see if it is getting cooked evenly.
1. To start cooking fries, all you need to do is cut potatoes and marinate them. INsert them in the Fryer and then place it in the AirFryer.
2. Set the temperature to 400 degrees as mentioned in the manual and the time to 18 minutes.
3. Halfway through cooking, you might want to remove the fryer and shake the fries in order to ensure even cooking.
4. After 18 minutes the fries turned out to be crisp and perfectly cooked. Although you do not get that deep fried taste, regardless the fries turned out to be really good and tasted amazing.
1. In order to test how the Airfryer grills, let’s cook a rib eye in it. On the manual, it is clearly mentioned that you need to preheat the Airfryer before you can get started with cooking the ribeye.
2. Now, select the stake setting and cook the rib eye for about 14 minutes at 400 degrees.
3. After 14 minutes you can see that the ribeye is cooked and if you want even cooking, turning the rib eye after 7 minutes would give you better results.
However, it must be noticed that the ribeye is not similar to the grilled one and does not have the grilled marks but if you just consider the taste then it is very similar to that of the normal ribeye.
The Airfryer claims to even bake and roast, hence let’s see how well you can roast a chicken with this AirFryer.
1. Now cooking a full-size chicken might take some testing as the time taken to roast really depends on the size of your chicken.
2. However, you will notice while cooking that turning the chicken is really important else the other side just end up being completely raw. It is preferable if you check the tenderness of the chicken after cooking each side, in total it took us around 60 minutes to completely cook the chicken.
For steaming vegetables, you might need the pan which comes as an accessory with the Power Airfryer. The pan will help you saute and steam vegetables since you cannot put fluids in the outer basket.
This is all for the Power Airfryer and it does pretty well when it comes to all the features and you can pretty much cook anything with the help of the accessories. If you are looking for an Airfryer that comes with the maximum features and does most of your cooking tasks with ease then the Power Airfryer is definitely one of the best out there.
You have to remember that you need the extra pan and other accessories that come with it in order to successfully steam and saute vegetables. The Airfryer comes in two different sizes as well, so do consider that before making your final buying decision.
If you have this Airfryer then do let us know about your experience in the comments section below!
Do you know anyone who loves fried food but avoids it since they are on a diet?
Share this post with them and let them know that they can now enjoy all their fried foods without too much oil consumption.