If you have got your burger back home from Mcdonald’s and are looking for a way to reheat it, then the results you get from an air fryer will not disappoint you.
Air fryers reheat the burgers so well that I never returned to the microwave once to reheat my burgers.
Reheating a burger in the microwave makes it slightly soft and soggy, and the crunch factor disappears.
But the air fryer makes the burger so crunchy, and it also toasts the burger buns a bit, making it my favorite way to reheat a burger.
In this post, I have tried reheating a Vegetarian burger(I know, I just ate the meat burger on my way back home, lol) for this post and images.
But know that I will be talking about the time it takes to reheat a hamburger and chicken burger because,just like Sharika’s hips, my air fryer times don’t lie.
Why Is The Air Fryer The Best Way To Reheat Burgers?
1. Quick and easy- It hardly takes a few minutes to reheat the burger patty. You can separate the burger patty and put it on parchment paper or even on a small oven-safe tray and reheat it.
2. Amazing texture- The burger patty comes out crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. You can then insert the patty inside the burger and reheat it. This toasts the burger buns so well.
3. Using an Air Fryer is easy- Using an air fryer takes very little time, and this small appliance gets hot quickly. You do not have to wait for several minutes to reheat anything in this.
Drop the food in the air fryer basket, set the temperature and timer, and then let it do its job. This is the most convenient way to reheat.
4. Less time- The air fryer gets hot very quickly, and it takes about 4-5 minutes to reheat a burger.
What Do you need to reheat a Burger
1. Air fryer- This is essential since you are reheating your food inside the air fryer. Duh.
2. Burger Patty or Burger- If you have a leftover cold burger patty, then you can reheat that, but if you have a fast food joint burger that you got home and want to reheat, then we got you covered on that front too.
How To Reheat Burgers In Air Fryer
If you have a burger and want to reheat the entire thing, then suggest taking out the patty and reheating that first separately. Later you can reheat the entire burger with the patty.
1. Place the burger patty on an oven-safe tray or perforated parchment paper inside the air fryer basket.
2. Now set the air fryer to 350°F and reheat the burger patty for 3-4 minutes. Flip the burger patty after two minutes and heat it for 4 minutes.
3. Now, insert the patty back in the burger, and the air fryer is already preheated, so you can reheat the entire burger at the same temperature for around 1-2 minutes to toast the burger buns a bit.
4. Now, you can take out your burger and enjoy it!
NOTE- I use the Philips air fryer, and I have observed that the Philips air fryer might be slightly more powerful than other companies, so you can increase the temperature if you think your air fryer is not getting hot enough at 350°F. Many people suggest 400°F as a holy grail temperature but cooking at that high temperature can burn a lot of food and make it dry.
Burger cooking time and temperature
The cooking time and temperature vary depending on the type of burger patties you are cooking.
I never cook at 400°F because it burns the patty and makes it dry. I always cook at 350°F in my Philips air fryer and get the best results.
Most of my recipes use 350°F as the ideal temperature for cooking, and I will never understand how people cook at 400°F.
|Chicken||350°F||2.5 min on each side|
|Veggie Patty||350°F||2 min on each side|
|Hamburger Patty||350°F||2.5 min on each side|
|Turkey Patty||350°F||2.5 min on each side|
Air Fried Burger Cooking Tips
1. Always reheat the burger patty separately to get that crispy burger patty.
2. Do not overlap the burger patties if you reheat more than one. It is best to reheat them in one layer, so they are exposed to the hot air from the heating element.
3. Spray some oil on the burger patties to get them nice and crispy. I usually do not do it since the burger patty has fat that melts and cooks it to perfection. But if you want a crispier texture, you can also add oil.
4. Cook your buns for lesser time than the patty. The air fryer is excellent at making toast. If you are looking for a toasted effect on your bun, you can cook for a long else; a minute or two is enough to heat the entire burger.
If the Burger Patty is Frozen, do you defrost it?
In this post, I mostly talk about reheating an entire burger, but things get easier if you are only reheating a frozen burger patty.
It is the same time and temperature, and I never defrost my burger patty. I place them in the air fryer basket and heat them at 350°F for 4 minutes, flipping them at the 2-minute mark.
If you think the burger patty is not cooked well, you can cook it for an additional 2 minutes. But all patties are usually well within 5 minutes in my Philips air fryer.
So the answer is NO, I NEVER DEFROST any burger patty before cooking it in the air fryer.
Is it better to reheat the burger in a microwave or air fryer?
I think an air fryer is better for reheating a burger than a microwave. The microwave makes the burger a little soft and soggy; hence, I never reheat it in the microwave.
The air fryer makes the burger so crispy on the outside and keeps it juicy on the inside, making it the perfect way to reheat a burger.
How do you reheat a burger without drying it out?
Never reheat the entire burger for five minutes in the air fryer. This will toast the buns and make them hard, making the burger dry.
And the patty will not reheat properly so the patty would be soggy and the burger buns toasted and dry.
Always reheat the patty separately, and then reheat the burger buns for a minute or two. This will not make your burger dry.
Reheat burger inside an Air fryer (Takes 5 minutes)
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1/2 tsp Olive OIl
- 1 Burger
- Remove the burger patty from the burger and reheat it in the air fryer at 350°F for 4 minutes.
- Now insert the patty in the burger bun and assemble it the way it came, and then reheat the entire burger in the air fryer at 350°F for one minute.
- This will toast your burger buns, and you will get a juicy, crispy hot burger ready to eat.
If you like the post, do not forget to share it on social media!