Reheating frozen fries is the best thing to do in an air fryer. I love fries, and if you are someone like me, you will appreciate this quick post on reheating fries.
I recently went to Mc Donalds and got a burger and fries. I had a burger on my long way back, and there was one burger and some fries left over, which I then had to keep in my refrigerator.
The next day, it was time to reheat the burger and the fries. Both tasted so good compared to reheating them in the microwave, and they tasted way better than what they did at Mc Donalds.
The patty was crisp and crunchy, and the fries were very crispy and tasted great with ketchup.
Once you start reheating your burger and fries this way, you never go back to heating them in the microwave.
So, let’s quickly reheat your fries in an air fryer.
– Frozen fries
– Oil Spray (Optional, but I do not use)
1 Air fryer- I’m using a Philips Air fryer to reheat french fries, so the temperature and time are according to the air fryer I use. However, if you have another air fryer, the temperature stays the same, but the cooking time can differ.
WHY SHOULD I REHEAT FRIES IN THE AIR FRYER?
1. Reheating fries or cooking frozen fries in the air fryer gives perfect results; the fries and crispy on the outside and nice and soft on the inside.
2. No Oil- Reheating in the air fryer needs no oil because that is how good the air fryer reheats fries. You can add one spray of oil when you are making french fries from scratch, but if you are reheating the
3. No need to thaw frozen fries- This is a very common question if you need to thaw french fries or not, and I can confirm that you do not need to thaw fries. They taste better when you reheat them directly. The frozen fry has some moisture that helps in
4. Perfect Crispy results- Air fryer fries are the best. Yes, you heard me right; there is no other way I would cook my fries. Deep frying has a ton of oil, and this barely uses any. You can skip the oil in the air fryer and still get perfect crispy results better than deep-fried ones.
Tips for reheating fresh fries in the air fryer
1. Unlike most recipes like hot pockets, tater tots, dumplings, and spring rolls, where you have to cook in a single layer, you can cook french fries in two layers and then shake them halfway through to ensure even cooking.
2. You do not need any oil in reheating french fries because most are already fried once and already have some oil.
How to reheat Fries in the Airfryer?
Reheating fries in the air fryer is simple; follow these steps, and you will have some excellent crunchy reheated fries.
1. Place all frozen fries in the air fryer; my air fryer doesn’t need any preheating. So place all the fries in the air fryer, and if you want, add one oil spray. I do not add oil, but you can if needed.
2. Set the temperature to 350°F and cook the fries for about 2 mins, then take out the basket, shake the fries a bit, and cook for another 2 minutes. You can go for another minute if you want some extra crispy fries.
3. Enjoy your fries with your favorite ketchup.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO REHEAT FRIES IN AN AIR FRYER?
It takes 5 minutes to reheat fries or cook frozen in the air fryer. I cook my fries for at least 5 minutes, and in some cases, I can cook for an additional minute or two if there are a lot of fries in the air fryer basket.
|Reheat French Fries||5 minutes||350°F|
|Cook Frozen Fries||5-7 minutes||350°F|
I was reheating an average amount of fries this time, and they formed a single layer on my air fryer basket, so 4-5 minutes is an excellent time to reheat the fries at 350°F.
Can I freeze leftover fries?
Yes, you can freeze leftover fries. I love to freeze fries since they last for about two weeks to a month, and you can reheat them in the air fryer and eat them again.
Reheating the air fryer is easy as you have to set the air fryer at 350°F and reheat the fries for 4 minutes while removing the basket and shaking the fries once in the air fryer.
How long do leftover fries last
Leftover fries can last a long time in the freezer. Fries can last for about six months in the freezer.
Although I feel the quality deteriorates after a month or two, I prefer consuming it between two weeks to a month. But you can see if you like two-month-old frozen fries in the air fryer.
I know many people who like 3-month-old frozen fries reheated in the air fryer, so a factor of personal preference comes into play.
Best way to reheat leftover fries
One of the best ways to reheat fries is in the air fryer- It uses no oil and gives you a nice crispy, crunchy texture that tastes even better than deep-fried fries.
You can also reheat fries in a skillet, which tastes good. Add one to two tbsp of oil to the skillet and saute the fries. This will reheat them, giving them a crispy coating on the outside.
Can you reheat McDonald’s fries in the air fryer?
Yes! You can reheat Mc Donals’s fries in the air fryer. I reheated their fries in this post, and the results were just too good.
I have also cooked frozen french fries in the air fryer, and the results were excellent. An air fryer is the best cooking appliance for french fries, and if you love french fries, then the air fryer is the equipment worth the investment.
There are so many potato recipes that the air fryer cooks so well, and cooking french fries is one of them.
I hope this post answers everything on how to cook frozen french fries in the air fryer; if you have any questions, leave them in the comments.
If you like the post, do not forget to share it on social media!
Frozen French Fries in Air Fryer
- 1 Philips AirFryer
- 1 Pack French fries(I got a small pack of french fries from Mcdonalds)
- Lay your french fries flat on the air fryer. Do not overcrowd the air fryer, and make sure you form a layer of fries that covers the bottom of the air fryer basket, and you are good.
- Now set the air fryer temperature to 350°F and cook the fries for about 2 minutes, now take out the basket shake the fries a bit and cook them for another 2 minutes.
- You can cook for additional 1-3 minutes if you want more crispiness. Enjoy your fries.