The Secura Air fryer caught my attention as it has a ton of happy users on Amazon and it is one of the best budget air fryers that I could find. If you didn’t know already, an air fryer basically fries food without using too much oil or using very little oil.
Are you wondering, if this device can help you lose weight? Yes, it can and if you happen to put on weight by eating fried foods then this can definitely help you accelerate your weight loss in the right direction.
The Air fryer is one of the best appliances that you can use if you want to keep those extra pounds off your stomach.
Air fryers use very little oil in comparison to the traditional deep-frying methods and this is because the foods are fried using rapid hot air circulation.
The Secura Air fryer was something I was skeptical about since it was not from an amazing brand like Philips but honestly, it did pretty well. Let’s look at each of the features on this air fryer in detail-
Pros of the Air fryer
1. The Secura Air fryer comes in different capacities so you can choose an air fryer according to your cooking needs. The smallest being of the 3.4 Qt capacity and the largest being of the 5.3 Qt.
2. You can cook a variety of dishes in this air fryer which means that you can fry, grill, bake or roast anything from french fries and onion rings to steaks, cakes, and vegetables etc.
Although you might want to be a little careful while cooking the cake, you can successfully cook one in this air fryer.
3. The Air fryer cooks really fast and you might feel the need to turn the food around after it is cooked halfway. Apart from that, the food is cooked evenly and you get the fried taste while cooking chicken wings and Frech fires in it.
This air fryer does not dry the food which usually is a problem in cheap air fryers.
4. It has a 60-minute cooking timer and the temperature can be varied from 180-400°F. The air fryer comes with an auto shut off feature which is pretty amazing as well from a safety point of view.
5. The Airfryer is one of the best ways to eat fried foods in a healthy manner. With little to no oil consumption, you can make really good dishes with this Air Fryer.
We used 1 tbsp with french fries and it turned out really delicious and had a fried taste to it.
6. You do get a booklet with different recipes for dishes that can be cooked with the Airfryer. This comes really handy to know what temperature the food needs to be set at in order to get the perfect taste and quality.
7. The air fryer does not give away an odor which is another added advantage. If you are looking to cook in this air fryer while you have guests home, then you can do that without any issues.
Cons of the AirFryer
1. If you want to cook for a group of 6 people or a family gathering then you might have to cook in batches.
The largest air fryer capacity(5.3 Qt)can easily cook snacks for 4 people without any issues but more than that would take some time.
2. While cooking, you might have to check the food, again and again, to see if it is getting cooked evenly.
This is something that we found in almost every air fryer, however, the food is cooked fast so you can easily ignore this minor disadvantage.
The Secura Air fryer is probably the best when it comes to cooking fried food. You can easily throw anything at this air fryer it would cook it for you with ease.
The Air fryer has enough features and a pretty good price/feature balance making it a good choice for someone looking for an air fryer in the given price range.
The air fryer comes in different capacities so you can choose the one that fits your needs. The smallest one is pretty good for cooking food for 1-2 people at a time and the largest on cane easily cook snacks for 4 people.
The Air fryer is pretty much everything you need and you can cook, broil, fry and reheat food without any issues.
The Air fryer can cook you those perfect chicken wings with just 1 tbsp of oil, so if you are looking for something that would help you lose weight but at the same time you can enjoy food then this one here from French May is a perfect choice.
If you have this Airfryer then do let us know about your experience in the comments section below!
Do you know anyone who loves fried food but avoids it since they are on a diet?
Share this post with them and let them know that they can now enjoy all their fried foods without too much oil consumption.